Role and Responsibility
Software Engineers will report to a team leader as well as interface with the CEO, sales, marketing, and customers when necessary. The ideal candidate is hands-on and experienced with developing and working with scalable cloud-based platforms. We’re looking for someone with experience in cloud-based SaaS, serverless technology, and microservice architectures. They must be at ease working in an agile environment with little supervision. This person should embody a passion for continuous improvement and test-driven development. They must have a deep understanding of API communication patterns and have experience dealing with resiliency when using third-party services.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Work with other engineers to continue to build out and iterate on our our serverless platform.
- Work with customers to integrate our technology into third-party CRM systems.
- Analyze, design and develop tests and test-automation suites.
- Test software development methodology in an agile environment.
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements in existing systems and platforms.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with management, users, project managers and other engineers to find solutions.
- Work alongside other engineers on the team to elevate technology and consistently apply best practices.
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Maintain and enhance software quality by various methods including lean startup principles, agile methodologies, continuous integration, and continuous delivery
Professional Experience and Skills
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of software experience using cloud technologies.
- Experienced with the agile methodology of software development.
- Knowledge of AWS cloud technologies including AWS Lambda, RDS, CloudFront, API Gateway, SQS and CloudFormation.
- Relational database skills and familiarity with PostgreSQL and similar technologies.
- Knowledge of current and emerging technologies such as cloud computing, serverless technology, social media and mobile.
- Experience with test-driven development and automated testing frameworks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-directed and capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision.
- Experience with enterprise CRMs such as SalesForce, ZenDesk, Microsoft Dynamics, etc. would be extremely useful.
Teckst empowers enterprises to build one-on-one relationships with their customers by facilitating real-time human-to-human messaging. We text-enable business phone numbers and pull the SMS messages along with those from other chat providers directly into CRM systems, where agents can respond quickly and efficiently. The Teckst platform integrates seamlessly with Zendesk, Salesforce, Oracle, SAP, FreshDesk, SugarCRM, and more, with a dashboard that puts analytics and controls at the fingertips of management.
Started in 2014 by marketing and mobile expert Matt Tumbleson, today Teckst powers messaging for leading brands across a variety of industries, including ESPN, Lyft, Verizon, and Chanel.
Our Benefits & Perks
- 100% Paid Medical, Dental and Vision
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits
- Unlimited Time Off Policy
- Early-Stage Equity Options